And it’s a good kind of list, too! :O
More specifically, I am on the list of persons the lovely Beckony-who-wants-to-change-that-username ;) nominated for the Liebster Award, a tag award for bloggers. I was flattered, to say the least, and now I’m a bit embarrassed it took me so long to react (mainly because I had kind of a
minor major life crisis and had to sort out the mess that is my life right now). It’s wonderful to get this kind of feedback, to know that there is someone out there who likes what I write and whom I can make happy from time to time. That’s one reason why I write :)
Now, for the whole award part of this post…
1. Why I started blogging.
Well, mainly because of what I said above: I like making people happy, and beside the whole I-have-a-place-to-vent-whenever-I-feel-like-it thing, that’s the main reason why I started this blog. It’s not the fiction blog I aimed for originally (mainly because I usually write in German and my fanfiction is all on FF.net, anyway), but I suppose that didn’t hurt much.
The thing about blogging is that there is no pressure involved, as long as you don’t do it professionally. I aim for quality over quantity, sure, but, unlike with my destined-to-be-published projects, I don’t have to write with “real” publication in mind, and that makes it a lot easier to just let it flow, so to speak, and write from the heart.
(Also, I met a few wonderful people through this blog, so, in retrospect, I’d add this as a bonus reason^^)
2. Two unknown facts about me.
1) I wanted a tattoo since I was sixteen, but it took me six years to decide on the subject and finally get it.
2) The protagonists of my first “serious” novel were
based on actually the members of one of my favourite bands with different names. Don’t judge me, we all went through this phase!^^
3. One embarrassing childhood story.
Definitely the hardest one, not because I didn’t have a childhood, but because I’m not exactly embarrassed by much… if you knew my family, you’d know why XD
Closest to embarrassing is probably when I broke my arm when I was a child. I was about seven years old and tiny for my age, which meant that I couldn’t see myself in the bathroom mirror yet. So my parents had those stepstools ready for me and my brother. One night I thought it was a good idea to use the stool to climb onto the toilet to get a better look at myself in the mirror. When I attempted to get down, my dad came only as far as “Don’t…”, then I was already jumping down onto the stool, which promptly slid from under my feet and sent me crashing to the floor. I literally broke my arm when I fell from the toilet. I bet the nurses in the ER still find this funny.
4. Now, for my own nominees…
(I don’t follow that many blogs, and since one of the people I’d nominate was the one who nominated me, the list is very short.)
1) Kate from disregard the prologue, because I can relate to a lot of what she writes about, she can be as serious as she is funny, and plus, there’s always Jack :D (Edit: Apparently, you also got a Liebster nomination already. Have this one, anyway^^)
2) Alison from Bibliomancy, formerly Writing at Midnight. Sort of. (I had her on my mental list before I realised she had been nominated before (yes, I’m behind on everything right now, even reading blogs I follow…), but I’d like to list her again just because. No idea how this is supposed to work though…) She has this awesome way of putting into a few words the things I’d need a whole novel to explain, and so much of what she posts about writing and/or life in general is something I can wholeheartedly agree with. So screw the rules, Alison, you’re still going on this list^^
5. And finally, a few questions for those two to answer:
1) (Since I know you both write): Describe your favourite writing space (no pictures, because we are true masters of words, right?^^). Doesn’t have to be your actual desk/favourite coffee shop/whatever, so be as creative as you wish.
2) Post a poem. It can be an old one, one you wrote solely for this post, a really silly one, a dirty limerick, a joke that rhymes… your choice.
3) If you could be any animal, real or fictional, which one would it be and why?
4) And last but not least, the people you’d like to nominate for the award.
Phew, this was a long one. Does this count towards my Camp NaNo wordcount? Because I really need to boost that one…